Pak should consider action against Saeed: Preneet Kaur
New Delhi: With Pakistan refusing to arrest or hand over JuD chief and 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Mohd Saeed, India on Friday said that country should consider action against him so that they can deal with the perpetrators of Mumbai attack in a "proper manner.”
"We have reiterated again and again that he (Saeed) is part of Jamat-ud-Dawa that has been, under the UN rules, declared as one of the banned outfits. We are sorry that they
are not taking it into consideration," Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur told reporters here.
She was asked why the name of either Saeed or his outfit was not part of the Prime Minister`s reply in the Lok Sabha on the Motion of Thanks to the President`s Address.
"We have given the dossiers which they are refusing to accept as enough evidence... But we will continue to request that they take his name into consideration and the organisations he is involved with so that they can deal with the perpetrators (of the Mumbai terror strikes) in a proper manner," the minister said.
The Pakistan Foreign Office yesterday said that it was not aware of India`s demand to hand over Saeed. The comments had come despite India recently giving three dossiers to
Pakistan containing names of 34 terrorists wanted by it, including Saeed, and demanding that they be handed over.
Meanwhile, referring to the Prime Minister`s reply, National Conference leader and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah said Manmohan Singh was correct in saying that there can be no meaningful discussion till terrorism from Pakistan is ended.
"There will not be a meaningful discussion (with Pakistan) till it stops allowing its soil to be used for terrorism...we will talk but it will not carry the same force of conviction," he said.
He said besides Jamat-ud-Dawa, there were several other outfits which were spreading terror.
Abdullah said Singh`s reply has cleared any doubts that India wanted to bring terrorism to "zero level".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez