Pak spy caught with Army secrets
New Delhi: A man has been arrested for allegedly working for a Pakistani intelligence agency and was found in possession of secret documents relating to Indian Army which were to be supplied to an "agent" of Pakistan High Commission here.
Zubair Khan, a resident of Kakrala village in Uttar Pradesh, was today remanded in two-day police custody after he was produced in the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Manish Yaduvanshi by the crime branch of Delhi Police which had arrested him yesterday.
The police told the court that on July 17, on receipt of secret information, Zubair was apprehended near parking gate of Kalindi Kunj Park here.
When he was searched, confidential documents and photographs pertaining to Indian Army were recovered.
During his interrogation, Zubair disclosed that he was working for a Pakistan intelligence agency and was in contact with some officials of Pakistan High Commission here and that the recovered documents were to be handed over to that agent of the Commission, police told the court.
The police said the Zubair has to be interrogated at length to unearth the entire conspiracy and also to identify the persons who had supplied him the secret documents.
"As per the disclosure statement of the accused, custodial interrogation of the accused is required not only to apprehend the co-conspirators but also to interrogate him in detail to unearth the whole conspiracy pursuant to which the accused was stateted to have been found in possession of documents which are secret documents pertaining to the Indian army," the ACMM said.
The court then granted police his custody for two days as against the requested five days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in