Pak spy caught with Army secrets
New Delhi: A man has been arrested for allegedly working for a Pakistani intelligence agency and was found in possession of secret documents relating to Indian Army which were to be supplied to an "agent" of Pakistan High Commission here.
Zubair Khan, a resident of Kakrala village in Uttar Pradesh, was today remanded in two-day police custody after he was produced in the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Manish Yaduvanshi by the crime branch of Delhi Police which had arrested him yesterday.
The police told the court that on July 17, on receipt of secret information, Zubair was apprehended near parking gate of Kalindi Kunj Park here.
When he was searched, confidential documents and photographs pertaining to Indian Army were recovered.
During his interrogation, Zubair disclosed that he was working for a Pakistan intelligence agency and was in contact with some officials of Pakistan High Commission here and that the recovered documents were to be handed over to that agent of the Commission, police told the court.
The police said the Zubair has to be interrogated at length to unearth the entire conspiracy and also to identify the persons who had supplied him the secret documents.
"As per the disclosure statement of the accused, custodial interrogation of the accused is required not only to apprehend the co-conspirators but also to interrogate him in detail to unearth the whole conspiracy pursuant to which the accused was stateted to have been found in possession of documents which are secret documents pertaining to the Indian army," the ACMM said.
The court then granted police his custody for two days as against the requested five days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months