Pak spy used email, fax to send info: Cops
Amritsar: Police Thursday uncovered a "sophisticated mechanism" via which official information was transferred to Pakistani intelligence agencies by the spy who was arrested yesterday.
Pak spy Lovedeep Singh, arrested yesterday, used the business solution of `Fax My Way`, located at Ashok Vihar of New Delhi, to fax and email official and secret documents obtained through espionage to a fake email ID controlled by his Pakistani handlers, SSP, state Special Operation Cell, Manmohan Singh said.
A police party of the SSOC today raided the premises of `Fax My Way`, he said, adding that Fax My Way provided business solutions to clients, who do not have internet access, and original documents are faxed to an alloted post box (dedicated fax number).
The fax is converted into an email and mailed to recipient email ID using a hosted server. The client creates the recipient email ID to which faxes have to be sent vide email. In this manner, the Pakistani handlers were able to access secret Indian documents, Singh said.
The search of the premises has yielded valuable evidence, including the original faxes sent by Lovedeep and subsequently generated emails, he said.
Singh, who was working as a clerk in army cantonment, Faridkot, was arrested yesterday by the SSOC department. He sent to police remand for six days up to April 6 by a court, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic