Pak spy used email, fax to send info: Cops
Amritsar: Police Thursday uncovered a "sophisticated mechanism" via which official information was transferred to Pakistani intelligence agencies by the spy who was arrested yesterday.
Pak spy Lovedeep Singh, arrested yesterday, used the business solution of `Fax My Way`, located at Ashok Vihar of New Delhi, to fax and email official and secret documents obtained through espionage to a fake email ID controlled by his Pakistani handlers, SSP, state Special Operation Cell, Manmohan Singh said.
A police party of the SSOC today raided the premises of `Fax My Way`, he said, adding that Fax My Way provided business solutions to clients, who do not have internet access, and original documents are faxed to an alloted post box (dedicated fax number).
The fax is converted into an email and mailed to recipient email ID using a hosted server. The client creates the recipient email ID to which faxes have to be sent vide email. In this manner, the Pakistani handlers were able to access secret Indian documents, Singh said.
The search of the premises has yielded valuable evidence, including the original faxes sent by Lovedeep and subsequently generated emails, he said.
Singh, who was working as a clerk in army cantonment, Faridkot, was arrested yesterday by the SSOC department. He sent to police remand for six days up to April 6 by a court, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months