Pak targets Indian posts in Poonch
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation, Pakistan troops targeted several Indian posts by opening small arms firing along the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Pakistan troops have fired on several Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Krishnagati sub-sector of Poonch district late last night," a senior Army officer said.
"They have also violated the ceasefire", he said.
The small arms firing was resorted to by Pakistan troops from their posts Daku, Shiv, Battal on Indian posts of Kripan, Kranti and Kranti 1 along the Line of Control (LoC) from 2215 hours till 2230 hours.
Firing took place later again around 0005 hours to 0040 hours. Indian troops guarding the border, fired effectively, the officer said.
There was no loss of life or damage to property in the firing, he said.
This is fourth ceasefire violation in past four days.
Pakistan security personnel had on the night of August 6 targeted BSF`s Border outpost (BOP) of Pansar along the International Border (IB) in Hiranagar sector of Kathua district resulting in injuries to two BSF jawans.
On August 6, Pakistan troops had opened indiscriminate firing on the forward posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Shahpur Kerni forward belt of Poonch sector and it continued intermittently for a few hours as Army troops also replied.
On August 5, Pakistan Rangers fired on Indian BOPs in Kote Kuba area along IB in R S Pura sector in Jammu district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital