Pak troops fire at Indian posts in Poonch sector
Jammu: Pakistani troops opened fire at Indian posts Thursday night and the exchanges continued till wee hours on Friday in Balnoi forward area of Poonch along the Line of Control, but no casualty was reported on this side.
"There was firing on forward posts from small and automatic weapons in Balnoi forward area of Poonch district late last night," Defence spokesperson Col R K Palta said.
Firing continued on Balnoi battalion area throughout the night till 0430 hours today, he said.
Indian troops retaliated resulting in exchanges, he said, adding that there was no loss of life or injury to anyone among troops.
Pakistani troops yesterday violated the ceasefire for the 17th consecutive day, leaving two civilians injured.
A 55-year-old woman and a 12-year-old girl were injured in indiscriminate firing by Pakistani troops in Kerni area along the Line of Control in Poonch sector.
Firing from Pakistani side was thereafter reported at 1730 hours till 1830 hours at Dheri Dhabsi, Nanda, Peeli, Pona pickets in Mendhar.
Pakistani troops have been resorting to ceasefire violations daily since August 6 when its special forces killed five Indian soldiers in Poonch.
There have been over 80 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops this year from January 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Cong MLAs, Rashid stage walkout from J&K Assembly
- Shocking CCTV footage of deadly suicide blasts at Istanbul's Ataturk airport captured: Watch
- Kejriwal chides Goa CM over tainted relative
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet brings cheers for Armed forces; salary more than doubled
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez confident Lionel Messi will reverse his decision to retire