Pak troops fire at Indian posts in Poonch sector
Jammu: Pakistani troops opened fire at Indian posts Thursday night and the exchanges continued till wee hours on Friday in Balnoi forward area of Poonch along the Line of Control, but no casualty was reported on this side.
"There was firing on forward posts from small and automatic weapons in Balnoi forward area of Poonch district late last night," Defence spokesperson Col R K Palta said.
Firing continued on Balnoi battalion area throughout the night till 0430 hours today, he said.
Indian troops retaliated resulting in exchanges, he said, adding that there was no loss of life or injury to anyone among troops.
Pakistani troops yesterday violated the ceasefire for the 17th consecutive day, leaving two civilians injured.
A 55-year-old woman and a 12-year-old girl were injured in indiscriminate firing by Pakistani troops in Kerni area along the Line of Control in Poonch sector.
Firing from Pakistani side was thereafter reported at 1730 hours till 1830 hours at Dheri Dhabsi, Nanda, Peeli, Pona pickets in Mendhar.
Pakistani troops have been resorting to ceasefire violations daily since August 6 when its special forces killed five Indian soldiers in Poonch.
There have been over 80 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops this year from January 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’