Pak troops fire on Indian posts along LoC
Jammu: In an incident of ceasefire
violation along the LoC, Pakistani troops on Thursday opened fire on
Indian posts and launched Rocket Projectile Grenades (RPGs) in
Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Pak troops violated ceasefire. They fired RPGs and
opened indiscriminate firing on Indian posts in Balnoi forward
area in Krishnaghati sector of Poonch district around 1930
hours tonight," a senior Army Officer of 16 Corps said.
They continued indiscriminate firing for five minutes,
he said, adding, Indian troops retaliated to the act.
"It later stopped. There was no casualty or injury to
anyone in the Pakistani firing and grenade attacks," he said.
Indian Army has registered a strong protest with their
Pakistani counterpart over ceasefire violation via hotline,
the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook