Pak troops fire on Indian posts along LoC
Jammu: In an incident of ceasefire
violation along the LoC, Pakistani troops on Thursday opened fire on
Indian posts and launched Rocket Projectile Grenades (RPGs) in
Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Pak troops violated ceasefire. They fired RPGs and
opened indiscriminate firing on Indian posts in Balnoi forward
area in Krishnaghati sector of Poonch district around 1930
hours tonight," a senior Army Officer of 16 Corps said.
They continued indiscriminate firing for five minutes,
he said, adding, Indian troops retaliated to the act.
"It later stopped. There was no casualty or injury to
anyone in the Pakistani firing and grenade attacks," he said.
Indian Army has registered a strong protest with their
Pakistani counterpart over ceasefire violation via hotline,
the officer added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights