Pak troops fire on Indian posts along LoC
Jammu: In yet another violation of ceasefire
along the LoC, Pakistani troops on Sunday fired rocket-propelled
grenades and opened small arms firing on Indian posts in
Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire. They fired
RPGs and opened small arms firing on Indian posts in Banbat
forward area in Poonch sector," a senior Army officer of 16
Corps told a news agency.
The RPGs exploded away from our posts and there was no
casualty or injury to anyone in the firing and RPG blasts, he
Despite provocation by the Pakistani troops by violating
ceasefire, Indian troops guarding the borderline observed calm
and did not retaliate, the officer said.
"The firing from the Pakistani side later stopped," he
said, adding that the Indian Army has registered a strong
protest with their Pakistani counterparts via hotline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Despite ban, 15 alcohol factories still active in Bihar?
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will benefit central govt employees and pensioners!
- VIDEO: Brett Lee sledged Zaheer Khan while he was batting. What happened next will blow your mind!
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics