Pak troops fire on Indian posts along LoC
Jammu: In yet another violation of ceasefire
along the LoC, Pakistani troops on Sunday fired rocket-propelled
grenades and opened small arms firing on Indian posts in
Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire. They fired
RPGs and opened small arms firing on Indian posts in Banbat
forward area in Poonch sector," a senior Army officer of 16
Corps told a news agency.
The RPGs exploded away from our posts and there was no
casualty or injury to anyone in the firing and RPG blasts, he
Despite provocation by the Pakistani troops by violating
ceasefire, Indian troops guarding the borderline observed calm
and did not retaliate, the officer said.
"The firing from the Pakistani side later stopped," he
said, adding that the Indian Army has registered a strong
protest with their Pakistani counterparts via hotline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees