Pak troops fire on Indian posts in Poonch
Jammu: In a major ceasefire violation,
Pakistani troops fired from heavy weapons on Indian posts in
Mendhar sector of Poonch district this evening, in an apparent
attempt to give cover to infiltrating militants.
The Pakistani army fired from four posts opposite to Nangi
Tikri in Krishna Gati sub-sector and the Indian troops
retaliated, resulting in destruction of two Pakistani bunkers,
sources said tonight.
An army officer said there was firing of Rocket Projectile
Grenades (RPGs) and from machine guns at around 1800 hours
today, the second such incident in as many days.
There was no casualty or injury to anyone in the firing on
the Indian side.
This was the sixth ceasefire violation by Pakistan in the
past 11 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read