Pak troops violate ceasefire; fire small arms, rockets
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire
violation along the Line of Control, Pakistani troops Monday
evening fired small arms and rockets on Forward Defence
Locations in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir, a senior Army
Pakistani troops in Kadu post fired small arms and
about five rockets on the Indian Army`s Kranti post in
Krishnaghati sub-sector in Poonch from 18:10 hours till 19:40
hours today, he said.
However, there were no casualties or injuries to
anyone on our side, he said.
The officer said Indian troops manning the Line of
Control also retaliated and there was a brief exchange.
It appears that the firing was aimed to cover
infiltrating militants from Pakistan side, he said.
Troops have further intensified patrolling and are
keeping a close watch on the movement despite the thick fog
along the LoC.
Earlier in the day, BSF troops had foiled two
infiltration bids by militants along the Indo-Pak border in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video