Pak troops violate ceasefire; fire small arms, rockets
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire
violation along the Line of Control, Pakistani troops Monday
evening fired small arms and rockets on Forward Defence
Locations in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir, a senior Army
Pakistani troops in Kadu post fired small arms and
about five rockets on the Indian Army`s Kranti post in
Krishnaghati sub-sector in Poonch from 18:10 hours till 19:40
hours today, he said.
However, there were no casualties or injuries to
anyone on our side, he said.
The officer said Indian troops manning the Line of
Control also retaliated and there was a brief exchange.
It appears that the firing was aimed to cover
infiltrating militants from Pakistan side, he said.
Troops have further intensified patrolling and are
keeping a close watch on the movement despite the thick fog
along the LoC.
Earlier in the day, BSF troops had foiled two
infiltration bids by militants along the Indo-Pak border in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II