Pak troops violate ceasefire yet again in Poonch
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation
along the Line of Control, Pakistani troops on Tuesday fired light
and medium machine guns on the Forward Defence Location (FDL)
in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
There was cross-border firing from LMGs and MMGs on
the Sabzian FDL along the LoC in Poonch sector late this
afternoon, a senior Army officer of the 16 Corps said.
Firing was going on intermittently from the Pakistan
side and troops guarding the border have replied to it, he
The reports also said there were two mortars fired
from Pakistan, which exploded away from the FDL.
"There was no casualty on our side in the firing from
across the border", the officer said.
It seems the firing is aimed at giving cover to
infiltrating ultras, he said, adding that the troops along the
border are alert and vigilant to foil any infiltration bid by
This is the second ceasefire violation along the LoC in
the past 24 hours.
Pakistani troops fired 5 rockets and opened small arms
firing last night on the forward Kranti post along the LoC in
Krishnagati sub-sector of Poonch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city