Pak troops violate ceasefire yet again in Poonch
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation
along the Line of Control, Pakistani troops on Tuesday fired light
and medium machine guns on the Forward Defence Location (FDL)
in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
There was cross-border firing from LMGs and MMGs on
the Sabzian FDL along the LoC in Poonch sector late this
afternoon, a senior Army officer of the 16 Corps said.
Firing was going on intermittently from the Pakistan
side and troops guarding the border have replied to it, he
The reports also said there were two mortars fired
from Pakistan, which exploded away from the FDL.
"There was no casualty on our side in the firing from
across the border", the officer said.
It seems the firing is aimed at giving cover to
infiltrating ultras, he said, adding that the troops along the
border are alert and vigilant to foil any infiltration bid by
This is the second ceasefire violation along the LoC in
the past 24 hours.
Pakistani troops fired 5 rockets and opened small arms
firing last night on the forward Kranti post along the LoC in
Krishnagati sub-sector of Poonch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Russia announces aid operation for Syria`s besieged Aleppo
- Democratic National Convention: In speech of her life, Hillary Clinton to say 'US at moment of reckoning'
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President
- South Sudan on brink of an abyss: UN chief