Pak troops violate ceasefire yet again
Jammu: In the second ceasefire violation
in as many days, Pakistani troops Monday fired at a forward
outpost along the International Border (IB) in Jammu where the
BSF foiled an infiltration bid by militants.
A mobile patrol party of BSF of Border Outpost at
Abdullian in R S Pura Sector was fired upon by militants
from across the border with the intention to infiltrate into
Indian territory around 04:05 hours today, a BSF spokesman said
The jawans retaliated thus neutralising their designs
to cross over to India for sabotage activities, he said,
adding it was another desperate attempt by militants to
Official sources said that Pakistani troops also fired
from their Suragpur post when Indian troops were fighting the
They continued firing intermittently till 10:00 hours,
which was also retaliated by BSF troops, they said.
Intermittent firing exchange between two sides also
took place around 13:00 hours again.
There was no casualty on Indian side.
Senior BSF officers visited the area to take stock
of the situation, they said.
Yesterday, two porters were killed and two jawans
injured when Pakistani troops fired at Indian positions at
Machhil sector in Jammu and Kashmir, violating the
seven-year-old ceasefire on the Line of Control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof