Jammu: After a three-day lull, Pakistani troops on Monday violated the ceasefire twice targeting forward Indian posts with small arms fire in two sub-sectors along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district.
The Pakistani soldiers opened unprovoked firing on Indian posts in Balakote sub-sector at around 1113 hours and in Mendhar at 1 PM, Defence spokesman S N Acharya said.
The Indian troops fired back effectively, he said adding there was no loss of life or damage to property in the two sub-sectors.
"Violating the ceasefire, Pak troops fired from small arms and automatic weapons on Indian forward posts along the LoC in Mendhar sub-sector," Acharya said.
"They targeted the Indian posts from 1300 hours to 1400 hours drawing strong retaliation from our soldiers," he said.
Earlier, Pakistani troops opened small arms firing on four Indian forward posts in Balakote sub-sector at around 1113 hours.
The two ceasefire violations took place after three days of lull along the LoC.
Guns fell silent after Pakistani troops fired on Indian positions in Pallanwala sub-sector in Jammu district on August 29.
There has been over 80 ceasefire violations by the Pakistani troops from January one this year which is 87 per cent more than the corresponding period last year.
Six jawans were killed in firing by Pakistan troops on forward Indian posts, civilian areas and patrolling parties along border in August this year.