Pak troops violate truce again, target Indian positions
Jammu: After a three-day lull, Pakistani troops on Monday violated the ceasefire twice targeting forward Indian posts with small arms fire in two sub-sectors along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district.
The Pakistani soldiers opened unprovoked firing on Indian posts in Balakote sub-sector at around 1113 hours and in Mendhar at 1 PM, Defence spokesman S N Acharya said.
The Indian troops fired back effectively, he said adding there was no loss of life or damage to property in the two sub-sectors.
"Violating the ceasefire, Pak troops fired from small arms and automatic weapons on Indian forward posts along the LoC in Mendhar sub-sector," Acharya said.
"They targeted the Indian posts from 1300 hours to 1400 hours drawing strong retaliation from our soldiers," he said.
Earlier, Pakistani troops opened small arms firing on four Indian forward posts in Balakote sub-sector at around 1113 hours.
The two ceasefire violations took place after three days of lull along the LoC.
Guns fell silent after Pakistani troops fired on Indian positions in Pallanwala sub-sector in Jammu district on August 29.
There has been over 80 ceasefire violations by the Pakistani troops from January one this year which is 87 per cent more than the corresponding period last year.
Six jawans were killed in firing by Pakistan troops on forward Indian posts, civilian areas and patrolling parties along border in August this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door