Pak violates ceasefire again along LoC
Jammu: In the fourth incident of ceasefire violation within a week, Pakistani troops pounded Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) with mortar shells in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district, injuring an Army jawan.
Pakistani troops armed with heavy machine guns, mortars and UBGL grenades fired at several Indian posts along the LoC in Krishna Ghati sector of Poonch district at around 22:00 hours last night, a senior Army officer said.
The firing continued till the wee hours today, he said, adding that the Indian troops guarding the border retaliated, resulting in an exchange of fire.
One Army jawan sustained minor injuries in the incident, the officer said.
This is the fourth incident of ceasefire violation in the last one week.
Earlier, on June 15, Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing on Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch district.
On June 13, three Army jawans were injured, one of them critically, when Pakistani troops opened fire on Indian posts along the LoC in Krishna Ghati sector.
In a similar incident on June 11, a Border Security Force jawan was killed after Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing on Kripan-I, Kripan-II and Kranti posts along the border.
Meanwhile, a flag meet, which was scheduled for yesterday, between Indian and Pakistani Armies on ceasefire violations and cross-LoC firing in Poonch district was cancelled by Pakistani Army without assigning any reason.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires