Pak violates ceasefire again along LoC
Jammu: In the fourth incident of ceasefire violation within a week, Pakistani troops pounded Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) with mortar shells in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district, injuring an Army jawan.
Pakistani troops armed with heavy machine guns, mortars and UBGL grenades fired at several Indian posts along the LoC in Krishna Ghati sector of Poonch district at around 22:00 hours last night, a senior Army officer said.
The firing continued till the wee hours today, he said, adding that the Indian troops guarding the border retaliated, resulting in an exchange of fire.
One Army jawan sustained minor injuries in the incident, the officer said.
This is the fourth incident of ceasefire violation in the last one week.
Earlier, on June 15, Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing on Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch district.
On June 13, three Army jawans were injured, one of them critically, when Pakistani troops opened fire on Indian posts along the LoC in Krishna Ghati sector.
In a similar incident on June 11, a Border Security Force jawan was killed after Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing on Kripan-I, Kripan-II and Kranti posts along the border.
Meanwhile, a flag meet, which was scheduled for yesterday, between Indian and Pakistani Armies on ceasefire violations and cross-LoC firing in Poonch district was cancelled by Pakistani Army without assigning any reason.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown