Pak violates ceasefire again along LoC
Jammu: In the fourth incident of ceasefire violation within a week, Pakistani troops pounded Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) with mortar shells in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district, injuring an Army jawan.
Pakistani troops armed with heavy machine guns, mortars and UBGL grenades fired at several Indian posts along the LoC in Krishna Ghati sector of Poonch district at around 22:00 hours last night, a senior Army officer said.
The firing continued till the wee hours today, he said, adding that the Indian troops guarding the border retaliated, resulting in an exchange of fire.
One Army jawan sustained minor injuries in the incident, the officer said.
This is the fourth incident of ceasefire violation in the last one week.
Earlier, on June 15, Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing on Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch district.
On June 13, three Army jawans were injured, one of them critically, when Pakistani troops opened fire on Indian posts along the LoC in Krishna Ghati sector.
In a similar incident on June 11, a Border Security Force jawan was killed after Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing on Kripan-I, Kripan-II and Kranti posts along the border.
Meanwhile, a flag meet, which was scheduled for yesterday, between Indian and Pakistani Armies on ceasefire violations and cross-LoC firing in Poonch district was cancelled by Pakistani Army without assigning any reason.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India