Pak violates ceasefire again, targets Indian posts in Poonch
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops targeted forward posts along LoC in Poonch district with mortar shelling and automatic weapons, prompting Indian troops to retaliate strongly.
Pakistani Army troops resorted to firing of mortar shells, automatic and small arms firing in forward areas along LoC in Bharasingha and Mendhar battalion forward areas in Krishna Gati and Bhimber Gali sub-sector of Poonch from 1830 hours, Defence Spokesman said here.
Indian troops guarding the borderline with Pakistan took positions, and retaliated with equal calibre weapons, triggering heavy exchanges which are still going on, the spokesman said.
"There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing and shelling by Pakistan along LoC on this side," the spokesman said.
2013 has witnessed several fold increase in the ceasefire violations as Pak troops violated border truce nearly 130 times along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir -- highest in past 8 years.
India and Pakistan during NDA rule took a major confidence building measure by entering into border ceasefire along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir on November 26, 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan