Pak violates ceasefire again, targets Indian posts in Poonch
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops targeted forward posts along LoC in Poonch district with mortar shelling and automatic weapons, prompting Indian troops to retaliate strongly.
Pakistani Army troops resorted to firing of mortar shells, automatic and small arms firing in forward areas along LoC in Bharasingha and Mendhar battalion forward areas in Krishna Gati and Bhimber Gali sub-sector of Poonch from 1830 hours, Defence Spokesman said here.
Indian troops guarding the borderline with Pakistan took positions, and retaliated with equal calibre weapons, triggering heavy exchanges which are still going on, the spokesman said.
"There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing and shelling by Pakistan along LoC on this side," the spokesman said.
2013 has witnessed several fold increase in the ceasefire violations as Pak troops violated border truce nearly 130 times along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir -- highest in past 8 years.
India and Pakistan during NDA rule took a major confidence building measure by entering into border ceasefire along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir on November 26, 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics