Pak violates ceasefire along LoC in Poonch
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops targeted Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
There was cross-border firing of UBGL rounds on forward Indian posts in Sabzina belt of Poonch district during early morning yesterday, an Army official said.
Troops guarding the border fired back resulting in brief exchanges, he said adding there was no loss of life or damage to property in the firing.
This is the 10th ceasefire violation by Pakistan along the Indo-Pak border this year and the third this month.
On May 12, Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing along the LoC on the Indian post Kobra in Sabzian belt of Poonch district around 1100 hours.
On May 4, Pakistani troops targeted Indian forward posts by opening fire in Nangitikri belt along the Line of Control (LOC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir. They fired around 300 rounds.
A total of 105 ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir have taken place since 2010.
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha, Defence Minister A K Antony said on April 26 that 44 cases of ceasefire violations along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir were registered in 2010. While there were 51 cases in 2011.
Two army personnel and one BSF soldier died in these violations in 2010, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`