Pak violates ceasefire for fourth time this month
Jammu: Pakistani troops violated ceasefire and opened fire at Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district, the fourth violation this month.
The Pakistani troops opened small arms firing at Indian posts in forward area along LoC in Poonch district at 2230 hours last night, Defence PRO Col R K Palta said.
The Pakistani troops also fired Pika rifle rounds.
The firing continued for 20 minutes last night, Col Palta said.
Indian troops guarding the border also retaliated, resulting in exchanges, he said.
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing, the PRO said.
This is the fourth ceasefire violation this month. On July 3, Pakistani troops fired at policemen, who had gone to LoC at Sabzian in Poonch to collect the body of a Pakistani intruder killed in IED blast.
The Pakistani troops had again fired at Indian soldiers on July 8 while they were trying to evacuate injured porters along LoC in Poonch.
On July 12, Pakistani Rangers opened fire at Indian forward posts in Pindi belt along International Border (IB) in Jammu district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened