Pak wants Indian magistrate in Kasab case
Islamabad: Pakistan has once again demanded that the Indian magistrate who recorded the statements of Ajmal Amir Kasab, the convicted 26/11 Mumbai attack gunman, should appear before the anti-terror court hearing the terror attacks case.
Talking to reporters here, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said India must allow the official to present Kasab’s confessional statement before the Pakistani court for further action.
“Sans Indian magistrate’s statement, it is almost impossible to take further correspondence into case” The News quoted Malik, as saying.
Last week, during his meeting with Indian High Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal, Malik had put forth the demand of sending the officials to Pakistan.
Malik had said that Pakistani authorities have registered an FIR against Kasab on the basis of his reported statement given in Indian court, and under the country’s law he was required to be presented before the court.
“As the Indian government had already turned down a request by Islamabad to send Kasab to Pakistan, therefore, it has again been requested to send the magistrate concerned and the police officials who had recorded the statement,” Malik had said.
Responding to a question regarding the continuous terror strikes in Lahore, Malik said that security forces have been asked to beef up security in the city and all across the Punjab province following intelligence reports that extremists are on the look out for triggering more attacks.
“Terrorists want to destabilise Punjab government by targeting Lahore time and again,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!