Pakistan a fake country, will reunite with India one day: Katju
Hyderabad: Pakistan is "a fake country", and one day will reunite with India along with Bangladesh, Press Council of India chairperson Justice (Retd) Markandey Katju said here on Sunday.
He also said that whereas today an overwhelming majority of Hindus and Muslims were "communal", it was not so a century ago.
"A fake country was created in the name of Pakistan. It is an artificially created entity by the British to make Hindus and Muslims keep fighting with each other, to stop India from becoming a powerful industrialised nation," he said, answering questions after a symposium on `Reporting Terror: How Sensitive is the media?" here.
"Pakistan is a fake country and one day India, Pakistan and Bangladesh will reunite. It may take 15-20 years. Those who have divided us will not easily allow us to reunite. They will still want us to keep fighting. But we will reunite in the next 15-20 years under a strong secular modern-minded government," he said.
"Eighty per cent of Hindus and eighty per cent amongst Muslims are communal. This is the bitter truth," he said, adding that "in 1857, there was zero per cent communalism in the country. Though, there were differences between Hindus and Muslims."
Discrimination against minorities exists in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital