Pakistan Army denies role in Indian troops’ brutal killing
Islamabad: A day after two Indian soldiers were killed brutally in a cross border raid along heavily militarized Line of Control, Pakistan Army denied that its troops were involved in the attack, reports said Wednesday.
Pakistan Army’s Director General Military Operations categorically rejected India’s claim when he talked to his Indian counterpart on phone, Geo News reported.
"Our troops did not carry out attack. Indians are making counter claim to cover their attack on a Pakistani post," another senior military official was quoted as saying.
"It looks like Indian propaganda to divert attention from Sunday`s raid on a Pakistani post by Indian troops, in which a Pakistani soldier was killed," the military official said.
India has warned Pakistan of a "proportionate response" after the latter’s troops on Tuesday crossed into the Indian territory and ambushed an Army patrol party killing two soldiers. As per reports, the Pakistani troops beheaded one of the soldiers and carried his head away, but the same could not be confirmed.
India has condemned the brutal act as “provocative, absolutely unacceptable and inhuman", however the Pakistan Army has dismissed Indian claims as allegations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!