Pakistan Army denies role in Indian troops’ brutal killing
Islamabad: A day after two Indian soldiers were killed brutally in a cross border raid along heavily militarized Line of Control, Pakistan Army denied that its troops were involved in the attack, reports said Wednesday.
Pakistan Army’s Director General Military Operations categorically rejected India’s claim when he talked to his Indian counterpart on phone, Geo News reported.
"Our troops did not carry out attack. Indians are making counter claim to cover their attack on a Pakistani post," another senior military official was quoted as saying.
"It looks like Indian propaganda to divert attention from Sunday`s raid on a Pakistani post by Indian troops, in which a Pakistani soldier was killed," the military official said.
India has warned Pakistan of a "proportionate response" after the latter’s troops on Tuesday crossed into the Indian territory and ambushed an Army patrol party killing two soldiers. As per reports, the Pakistani troops beheaded one of the soldiers and carried his head away, but the same could not be confirmed.
India has condemned the brutal act as “provocative, absolutely unacceptable and inhuman", however the Pakistan Army has dismissed Indian claims as allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?