Pakistan Army denies role in Indian troops’ brutal killing
Islamabad: A day after two Indian soldiers were killed brutally in a cross border raid along heavily militarized Line of Control, Pakistan Army denied that its troops were involved in the attack, reports said Wednesday.
Pakistan Army’s Director General Military Operations categorically rejected India’s claim when he talked to his Indian counterpart on phone, Geo News reported.
"Our troops did not carry out attack. Indians are making counter claim to cover their attack on a Pakistani post," another senior military official was quoted as saying.
"It looks like Indian propaganda to divert attention from Sunday`s raid on a Pakistani post by Indian troops, in which a Pakistani soldier was killed," the military official said.
India has warned Pakistan of a "proportionate response" after the latter’s troops on Tuesday crossed into the Indian territory and ambushed an Army patrol party killing two soldiers. As per reports, the Pakistani troops beheaded one of the soldiers and carried his head away, but the same could not be confirmed.
India has condemned the brutal act as “provocative, absolutely unacceptable and inhuman", however the Pakistan Army has dismissed Indian claims as allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok