Pakistan Army denies role in Indian troops’ brutal killing
Islamabad: A day after two Indian soldiers were killed brutally in a cross border raid along heavily militarized Line of Control, Pakistan Army denied that its troops were involved in the attack, reports said Wednesday.
Pakistan Army’s Director General Military Operations categorically rejected India’s claim when he talked to his Indian counterpart on phone, Geo News reported.
"Our troops did not carry out attack. Indians are making counter claim to cover their attack on a Pakistani post," another senior military official was quoted as saying.
"It looks like Indian propaganda to divert attention from Sunday`s raid on a Pakistani post by Indian troops, in which a Pakistani soldier was killed," the military official said.
India has warned Pakistan of a "proportionate response" after the latter’s troops on Tuesday crossed into the Indian territory and ambushed an Army patrol party killing two soldiers. As per reports, the Pakistani troops beheaded one of the soldiers and carried his head away, but the same could not be confirmed.
India has condemned the brutal act as “provocative, absolutely unacceptable and inhuman", however the Pakistan Army has dismissed Indian claims as allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- 'Too much' or 'too little' sleep can raise diabetes risk in men
- 7th Pay Commission: No decision yet on increase in allowances; pay hike to be implemented from Jan 2016
- Ephedrine haul case: Accused gets threat not to turn approver
- Yo Yo Honey Singh battled bipolar disease, thanks doctor for treatment!
- Shocking! Jharkhand BJP chief's daughter-in-law is just 11 years old!