Pakistan Army denies role in Indian troops’ brutal killing
Islamabad: A day after two Indian soldiers were killed brutally in a cross border raid along heavily militarized Line of Control, Pakistan Army denied that its troops were involved in the attack, reports said Wednesday.
Pakistan Army’s Director General Military Operations categorically rejected India’s claim when he talked to his Indian counterpart on phone, Geo News reported.
"Our troops did not carry out attack. Indians are making counter claim to cover their attack on a Pakistani post," another senior military official was quoted as saying.
"It looks like Indian propaganda to divert attention from Sunday`s raid on a Pakistani post by Indian troops, in which a Pakistani soldier was killed," the military official said.
India has warned Pakistan of a "proportionate response" after the latter’s troops on Tuesday crossed into the Indian territory and ambushed an Army patrol party killing two soldiers. As per reports, the Pakistani troops beheaded one of the soldiers and carried his head away, but the same could not be confirmed.
India has condemned the brutal act as “provocative, absolutely unacceptable and inhuman", however the Pakistan Army has dismissed Indian claims as allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH