`Pakistan Army sends troops to international border`
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Jammu/Srinagar: There seems to be no end to Pakistan-triggered hostilities on the International Border in Jammu and Kashmir. In fact, they are set to increase in the Jammu region with reports claiming that the Pakistani Army troops too have been deployed along the border alongside Pakistan Rangers.
The prolonged gunbattle coupled with recent reinforcement at the Pak side of border has forced the Border Security Force (BSF) to prop up its troop number on the International Border in Jammu.
BSF sources said the Force believes the hostilities on the border could continue for long and that’s why it is sending reinforcements to border outposts. BSF has even withdrawn 400 troops from the Chhattisgarh election duty.
While ceasefire violations on the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir were routing affair, the heavy shelling of border in Jammu has come as a surprise for India.
The Pakistan Rangers on Tuesday-Wednesday shelled 50 locations along the International Border. One paramilitary personnel was killed in the firing while seven others were injured.
One civilian was also injured in the firing. The Pak shelling has already forced villagers out of two border villages in the last few days.
As per BSF, Pakistan Rangers have been targeting Indian border outposts using mortars, rockets and automatics in the Ranbir Singh Pura (RS Pura), Ramgarh and Arnia sectors of the Jammu region.
Indian troops retaliated strongly to the Pakistan firing that started at 8.45 pm on Tuesday and intermittent firing exchanges continued till Wednesday morning.
The firing came shortly after Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde surveyed the International Border in Jammu, Samba and Kathua districts along with Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
"We will give a fitting reply to Pakistan," Shinde had said after the aerial survey.
Pakistan, on its part, has accused Indian troops of resorting to unprovoked firing in several sectors of the border near Sialkot.
A Pak military statement said the BSF fired almost 4,000 mortar shells and 59,000 rounds from machine guns during the past two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared