`Pakistan Army sends troops to international border`
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Jammu/Srinagar: There seems to be no end to Pakistan-triggered hostilities on the International Border in Jammu and Kashmir. In fact, they are set to increase in the Jammu region with reports claiming that the Pakistani Army troops too have been deployed along the border alongside Pakistan Rangers.
The prolonged gunbattle coupled with recent reinforcement at the Pak side of border has forced the Border Security Force (BSF) to prop up its troop number on the International Border in Jammu.
BSF sources said the Force believes the hostilities on the border could continue for long and that’s why it is sending reinforcements to border outposts. BSF has even withdrawn 400 troops from the Chhattisgarh election duty.
While ceasefire violations on the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir were routing affair, the heavy shelling of border in Jammu has come as a surprise for India.
The Pakistan Rangers on Tuesday-Wednesday shelled 50 locations along the International Border. One paramilitary personnel was killed in the firing while seven others were injured.
One civilian was also injured in the firing. The Pak shelling has already forced villagers out of two border villages in the last few days.
As per BSF, Pakistan Rangers have been targeting Indian border outposts using mortars, rockets and automatics in the Ranbir Singh Pura (RS Pura), Ramgarh and Arnia sectors of the Jammu region.
Indian troops retaliated strongly to the Pakistan firing that started at 8.45 pm on Tuesday and intermittent firing exchanges continued till Wednesday morning.
The firing came shortly after Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde surveyed the International Border in Jammu, Samba and Kathua districts along with Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
"We will give a fitting reply to Pakistan," Shinde had said after the aerial survey.
Pakistan, on its part, has accused Indian troops of resorting to unprovoked firing in several sectors of the border near Sialkot.
A Pak military statement said the BSF fired almost 4,000 mortar shells and 59,000 rounds from machine guns during the past two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'