Pakistan Army violates ceasefire again in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Srinagar: Violating the ceasefire for the fourth time within a week, Pakistani troops on Sunday reportedly opened fire in Krishna Ghati sector along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district.
The latest incident of the ceasefire violation by the Pakistani Army in Poonch comes just a day after an infiltration bid was foiled by Indian Army yesterday along Line of Control (LoC) in the same district.
Two militants were killed and an Indian jawan was injured in the exchange of fire when Army troops challenged the militants trying to enter the Indian territory along LoC in forward belt Kalsia in Poonch district.
This is the fourth violation by Pakistan within a span of one week. Earlier, on May 6, Pakistani troops had opened fire on Indian posts along the LoC in Bhimber Gali area of Rajouri district.
Also, on May 3 there was a ceasefire violation in Mendhar in Poonch district along with an infiltration bid along LoC in Sawjian belt of Poonch district.
The increased incidences of the ceasefire violation by Pakistan come at a time when India is in last leg of marathon General Elections 2014.
According to an Indian Army officer, the increased aggression of Pakistan in form of ceasefire violations is probably a “ploy” to facilitate militants` infiltration into India.
"They resort to ceasefire violation by resorting to firing on Indian posts to give cover to infiltrating militants and divert attention of the troops," the PTI quoted an officer as saying.
The “ploy” by Pakistan seems to have been planned to match with the election schedule as the latest ceasefire violation came on a day when the campaigning in the colossal elections for the 16th Lok Sabha came to an end yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row