Pakistan arrests 24 Indian fishermen
Karachi: Pakistan has arrested 24 Indian fishermen and seized four of their boats on charges of illegally entering its territorial waters.
The fishermen were arrested yesterday, the Maritime Security Agency said today.
It said the fishermen, whose four boats were also seized, were fishing some 50-60 km inside Pakistan`s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) in the Arabian Sea.
"The arrest took place near Cape Mount on the eastern side of our EEZ," an official of the agency said.
The official claimed that despite several warnings, Indian fishermen continued to enter Pakistan`s territorial waters.
With the latest arrests, the number of Indian fishermen in Malir district jail has risen to 63.
Recently, Pakistan government had released 15 Indian fishermen from the Malir jail as a goodwill gesture to mark the celebration of Diwali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened