Pakistan arrests 24 Indian fishermen
Karachi: Pakistan has arrested 24 Indian fishermen and seized four of their boats on charges of illegally entering its territorial waters.
The fishermen were arrested yesterday, the Maritime Security Agency said today.
It said the fishermen, whose four boats were also seized, were fishing some 50-60 km inside Pakistan`s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) in the Arabian Sea.
"The arrest took place near Cape Mount on the eastern side of our EEZ," an official of the agency said.
The official claimed that despite several warnings, Indian fishermen continued to enter Pakistan`s territorial waters.
With the latest arrests, the number of Indian fishermen in Malir district jail has risen to 63.
Recently, Pakistan government had released 15 Indian fishermen from the Malir jail as a goodwill gesture to mark the celebration of Diwali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'