New Delhi: Pakistan is awaiting "substantial evidence" from India to act against Lashkar-e-Taiba founder and Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafeez Saeed, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said Sunday.
"We need substantial evidence -- still waiting for that," Malik said at a function organised by the Observer Research Foundation here.
He said Pakistan can act against Saeed only if India`s evidence can stand up in court.
He said Saeed had been arrested on three occasions but released on court orders owing to "insufficient information".
India has been pressing Pakistan to take action against those involved in the Mumbai terror attack of 2008 which killed 166 people.
Malik, who arrived Friday on a three-day India visit, said he explained to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh the steps taken to bring to book those involved in the Mumbai attack by Pakistani terrorists.