Pakistan calls for resumption of Indo-Pak composite dialogue
New Delhi: Pakistan on Monday strongly pitched for the resumption of Indo-Pak composite dialogue, saying improvement of bilateral ties is not only in the interest of both the countries but also of the region.
Speaking at a farewell function held at Foreign Correspondents` Club here, Pakistan`s outgoing envoy to India Salman Bashir also expressed optimism in diplomatic relations and said, "I do not want to sound over-optimistic or exaggerate but what I am saying is that there is light at the end of the tunnel."
He called for resumption of the full spectrum dialogue, which was stalled earlier this year after the beheading of two Indian soldiers by the Pakistan army along the Line of Control.
"The improvement in relations with India is very emphatically a state policy. We believe it`s in our interest and we believe it`s in the interest of the region," Bashir said.
"Our prime minister is on record as having very emphatically stated that improvement of relations with India is a priority.
"An improvement in relations with Pakistan is also something that is of importance to India and the Indian leadership," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself