Pakistan continues unprovoked firing on LoC
Jammu: Pakistan troops opened unprovoked fired at Indian positions in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district on Monday morning, a police officer said.
A senior police officer said that Pakistani troops again violated the ceasefire agreement on Monday morning in Poonch sector of the Line of Control (LoC).
"Unprovoked firing was started at Indian positions by Pakistan troops at 6 am today (Monday) morning at two places on the LoC in Poonch district.
"Light weapons fire was returned by Indian troops. While firing has stopped at one place, firing exchanges are still continuing at the other place," the official said.
Pakistan has been violating the bilateral ceasefire on the LoC since last two months quite frequently.
There are reports of some families living along the LoC in Poonch and Rajouri districts planning to migrate to safer places. However, there has been no official confirmation of this so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket