Pakistan continues unprovoked firing on LoC
Jammu: Pakistan troops opened unprovoked fired at Indian positions in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district on Monday morning, a police officer said.
A senior police officer said that Pakistani troops again violated the ceasefire agreement on Monday morning in Poonch sector of the Line of Control (LoC).
"Unprovoked firing was started at Indian positions by Pakistan troops at 6 am today (Monday) morning at two places on the LoC in Poonch district.
"Light weapons fire was returned by Indian troops. While firing has stopped at one place, firing exchanges are still continuing at the other place," the official said.
Pakistan has been violating the bilateral ceasefire on the LoC since last two months quite frequently.
There are reports of some families living along the LoC in Poonch and Rajouri districts planning to migrate to safer places. However, there has been no official confirmation of this so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda