Pakistan continues unprovoked firing on LoC
Jammu: Pakistan troops opened unprovoked fired at Indian positions in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district on Monday morning, a police officer said.
A senior police officer said that Pakistani troops again violated the ceasefire agreement on Monday morning in Poonch sector of the Line of Control (LoC).
"Unprovoked firing was started at Indian positions by Pakistan troops at 6 am today (Monday) morning at two places on the LoC in Poonch district.
"Light weapons fire was returned by Indian troops. While firing has stopped at one place, firing exchanges are still continuing at the other place," the official said.
Pakistan has been violating the bilateral ceasefire on the LoC since last two months quite frequently.
There are reports of some families living along the LoC in Poonch and Rajouri districts planning to migrate to safer places. However, there has been no official confirmation of this so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you