Pakistan denies breaching Kashmir truce
Islamabad: Pakistan Thursday denied New Delhi`s allegations that its military was violating the ceasefire in Jammu and Kashmir in a bid to push militants into the Indian state.
"We do not accept such allegations and reject them," Dawn online quoted Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry as saying.
According to the report, an Indian general said Wednesday that the Indian Army was fighting the biggest group of infiltrators who had sneaked into Jammu and Kashmir from Pakistan.
Commenting on the proposed foreign secretary-level talks between the two countries in Islamabad Aug 25, Chaudhry said all outstanding issues would be discussed.
He said the Indian and Pakistani foreign secretaries would proceed with the dialogue process when they meet.
He said the Line of Control (LoC), which divides Jammu and Kashmir between the two countries, was discussed when the foreign secretaries spoke over the telephone.
Chaudhry accused the Indian military of firing at Pakistani positions, leaving a civilian dead.
The Indian Army and Pakistan Rangers Sunday reportedly resorted to heavy firing and shelling on 15 border outposts and several villages in Jammu district along the border.
An Indian soldier was killed Tuesday in firing by Pakistani troops.
Indian Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh has said no meaningful dialogue will be possible if firing continued along the Jammu and Kashmir border.
Prime Ministers Narendra Modi of India and Nawaz Sharif of Pakistan agreed May 27 to re-start the stalled foreign secretary-level talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city