Pakistan denies breaching Kashmir truce
Islamabad: Pakistan Thursday denied New Delhi`s allegations that its military was violating the ceasefire in Jammu and Kashmir in a bid to push militants into the Indian state.
"We do not accept such allegations and reject them," Dawn online quoted Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry as saying.
According to the report, an Indian general said Wednesday that the Indian Army was fighting the biggest group of infiltrators who had sneaked into Jammu and Kashmir from Pakistan.
Commenting on the proposed foreign secretary-level talks between the two countries in Islamabad Aug 25, Chaudhry said all outstanding issues would be discussed.
He said the Indian and Pakistani foreign secretaries would proceed with the dialogue process when they meet.
He said the Line of Control (LoC), which divides Jammu and Kashmir between the two countries, was discussed when the foreign secretaries spoke over the telephone.
Chaudhry accused the Indian military of firing at Pakistani positions, leaving a civilian dead.
The Indian Army and Pakistan Rangers Sunday reportedly resorted to heavy firing and shelling on 15 border outposts and several villages in Jammu district along the border.
An Indian soldier was killed Tuesday in firing by Pakistani troops.
Indian Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh has said no meaningful dialogue will be possible if firing continued along the Jammu and Kashmir border.
Prime Ministers Narendra Modi of India and Nawaz Sharif of Pakistan agreed May 27 to re-start the stalled foreign secretary-level talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand