Pakistan envoy meeting separatist leaders not right: Atul Anjan
New Delhi: Communist Party of India leader Atul Anjan has said that Pakistan did not do the right thing by meeting separatist leaders ahead of the foreign secretary-level talks between the two countries.
According to him, the government should have set a condition on Pakistan prior to the proposed talks that they would not take place if Islamabad interfered in India`s internal affairs.
Anjan said. "This is neither a strict message nor a strict step. The secretary-level talks between the two countries would have helped to break the ice."
He said, "Pakistan meeting the separatist leaders, and India knowing that such a thing might happen, should have put the condition before hand that talks would stall if such things happen."
He also said that when government-level talks are going on between the two countries, it is not right for one country to indulge in talks with separatists.
He further said, "Had the Indian Government done this with serious thought, then it would have been successful, but it was busy in its internal matters."
"Prime Minister met Nawaz Sharif during his swearing ceremony and they spoke for a long time, country wants to know what they discussed," he added.
India called off foreign secretary-level talks with Pakistan on Monday soon after Kashmiri separatist leader Shabir Shah met Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit.
The foreign secretary-level talks were scheduled to be held on August 25 in Islamabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in