Pakistan envoy to visit `critical` prisoner in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: The High Commissioner of Pakistan will visit Chandigarh on Monday to see a Pakistani prisoner admitted in a critical condition at the PGIMER here, a diplomat said, even as his condition continued to be critical.
"The high commissioner (Salman Bashir) will be visiting Chandigarh tomorrow (Monday) to see Sanaullah (Ranjay), who is under medical treatment at PGIMER," Pakistani diplomat Manzoor Ali Memon, one of the three diplomats granted consular access to the prisoner, said Sunday.
Ranjay continued to be "critically sick" and in "deep coma", a medical bulletin of the PGIMER (Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research) said.
"He continues to be critically sick in deep coma almost in the same status as yesterday (Saturday) with no neurological improvement. Patient`s metabolic parameters are now settling. The arterial blood gases are satisfactorily maintained on moderate oxygen flow. He continues to be on a ventilator. His blood pressure continues to be maintained with three inotropic drugs," said SN Mathuriya, professor and head of the department of neuro-surgery.
Pakistani diplomats Sunday visited the comatose Pakistani prisoner, who is being treated here after being attacked by a prisoner in a Jammu jail Friday.
Ranjay, lodged in Jammu`s Kot Bhalwal Jail, was critically injured after being attacked by an Indian prisoner Friday, prompting Islamabad to demand his immediate release and repatriation.
The Pakistani was flown from Jammu to PGIMER for treatment.
The incident took place a day after Sarabjit Singh, an Indian prisoner in Pakistan, succumbed to grievous injuries sustained in a murderous assault on him in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor