Pakistan envoy to visit `critical` prisoner in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: The High Commissioner of Pakistan will visit Chandigarh on Monday to see a Pakistani prisoner admitted in a critical condition at the PGIMER here, a diplomat said, even as his condition continued to be critical.
"The high commissioner (Salman Bashir) will be visiting Chandigarh tomorrow (Monday) to see Sanaullah (Ranjay), who is under medical treatment at PGIMER," Pakistani diplomat Manzoor Ali Memon, one of the three diplomats granted consular access to the prisoner, said Sunday.
Ranjay continued to be "critically sick" and in "deep coma", a medical bulletin of the PGIMER (Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research) said.
"He continues to be critically sick in deep coma almost in the same status as yesterday (Saturday) with no neurological improvement. Patient`s metabolic parameters are now settling. The arterial blood gases are satisfactorily maintained on moderate oxygen flow. He continues to be on a ventilator. His blood pressure continues to be maintained with three inotropic drugs," said SN Mathuriya, professor and head of the department of neuro-surgery.
Pakistani diplomats Sunday visited the comatose Pakistani prisoner, who is being treated here after being attacked by a prisoner in a Jammu jail Friday.
Ranjay, lodged in Jammu`s Kot Bhalwal Jail, was critically injured after being attacked by an Indian prisoner Friday, prompting Islamabad to demand his immediate release and repatriation.
The Pakistani was flown from Jammu to PGIMER for treatment.
The incident took place a day after Sarabjit Singh, an Indian prisoner in Pakistan, succumbed to grievous injuries sustained in a murderous assault on him in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder