Pakistan envoy to visit `critical` prisoner in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: The High Commissioner of Pakistan will visit Chandigarh on Monday to see a Pakistani prisoner admitted in a critical condition at the PGIMER here, a diplomat said, even as his condition continued to be critical.
"The high commissioner (Salman Bashir) will be visiting Chandigarh tomorrow (Monday) to see Sanaullah (Ranjay), who is under medical treatment at PGIMER," Pakistani diplomat Manzoor Ali Memon, one of the three diplomats granted consular access to the prisoner, said Sunday.
Ranjay continued to be "critically sick" and in "deep coma", a medical bulletin of the PGIMER (Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research) said.
"He continues to be critically sick in deep coma almost in the same status as yesterday (Saturday) with no neurological improvement. Patient`s metabolic parameters are now settling. The arterial blood gases are satisfactorily maintained on moderate oxygen flow. He continues to be on a ventilator. His blood pressure continues to be maintained with three inotropic drugs," said SN Mathuriya, professor and head of the department of neuro-surgery.
Pakistani diplomats Sunday visited the comatose Pakistani prisoner, who is being treated here after being attacked by a prisoner in a Jammu jail Friday.
Ranjay, lodged in Jammu`s Kot Bhalwal Jail, was critically injured after being attacked by an Indian prisoner Friday, prompting Islamabad to demand his immediate release and repatriation.
The Pakistani was flown from Jammu to PGIMER for treatment.
The incident took place a day after Sarabjit Singh, an Indian prisoner in Pakistan, succumbed to grievous injuries sustained in a murderous assault on him in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues