Pakistan frees eleven Indian nationals
Attari: The Pakistan Government on Friday freed eleven Indian nationals as they were repatriated to India through the land transit route of Attari/Wagah border.
The Indian nationals, set free from different jails of Pakistan, travelled to India on the basis of `Emergency Travel Certificate` issued by Indian Embassy based in Islamabad, an official at Attari border said.
The moment they crossed over to India, they bowed their head down and kissed the Indian soil, he added.
Among the eleven, seven were Indian fishermen and rest were civilians who were arrested while attempting to cross border to Pakistan from the Indian side.
Narrating his tale of woe, Nazeer Hussain, an Indian national from Jammu and Kashmir, said he was arrested on charges of spying three years ago by the Pakistani Border Guarding force when he inadvertently crossed over to Pakistan.
He claimed that after his arrest, he was tortured and kept in the prison.
The seven fishermen were arrested by the Pakistani Coast Guards during fishing in the Arabian Sea when they had slipped into Pakistan through territorial water where they were held for illegal fishing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical