Pakistan govt killed Sarabjit, alleges his former jail inmate
Mumbai: It is not destiny, but the Pakistan government which claimed the life of Sarabjit Singh, according to a resident of Ahmednagar, who spent time with him in Lahore jail, and was released last year.
"Sarabjit was homesick. He longed to return to India," Bhanudas Karale, who was released from Kot Lakhpat Jail in Lahore on June 15 last year, said.
Karale was arrested for accidentally straying into the Pakistani territory on August 28, 2010.
"He was a very kind-hearted person. He behaved nicely not only with Indian prisoners, but also with Pakistani inmates," Karale told PTI from Ahmednagar. "But Pakistani prisoners used to trouble us," he added.
Karale said he was shocked to hear of Sarabjit`s death after an assault on him in jail. "I was in the same jail with Sarabjit but the Pakistani authorities had imposed severe restrictions on him, considering him a spy," he said.
"It was not destiny but the Pakistan government, which claimed his life," Karale said.
"When we were released, Sarabjit was very happy. He also longed to be home. Actually, he should have been released before us, but that did not happen, and he lost his life due to the lack of communication and coordination between India and Pakistan authorities," Karale said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes