Pakistan hands over list of Indian prisoners
Islamabad: Pakistan on Friday handed over to India a list of Indian prisoners being held in the country`s jails.
"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs handed over the list of Indian prisoners in Pakistan to an officer of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad at the Foreign Office today," Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said in a statement.
The number of Indian prisoners in Pakistan could not immediately be ascertained and the statement too did not give details.
India and Pakistan are required to exchange lists of prisoners in each other`s custody on January 1 and July 1 every year under the terms of the Agreement on Consular Access signed by the two countries in May 2008.
Pakistan released 100 Indian fishermen last month and proposed the revival of the Judicial Committee on Prisoners to address the problems of prisoners in both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal