Pakistan hands over list of Indian prisoners
Islamabad: Pakistan on Friday handed over to India a list of Indian prisoners being held in the country`s jails.
"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs handed over the list of Indian prisoners in Pakistan to an officer of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad at the Foreign Office today," Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said in a statement.
The number of Indian prisoners in Pakistan could not immediately be ascertained and the statement too did not give details.
India and Pakistan are required to exchange lists of prisoners in each other`s custody on January 1 and July 1 every year under the terms of the Agreement on Consular Access signed by the two countries in May 2008.
Pakistan released 100 Indian fishermen last month and proposed the revival of the Judicial Committee on Prisoners to address the problems of prisoners in both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Union Cabinet reshuffle? PM Modi seeks 'self appraisal' report from NDA govt ministers
- Rio Olympics: IOC denies wild card entry to Mary Kom for quadrennial event
- Hall of Shame: SBI says no law broken in funding cluster bomb maker
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Case filed in UP court
- Shocking! 'Incorruptible' ex-BSP MLA, family live in tarpaulin tent by roadside - Know why