Pakistan hands over list of Indian prisoners
Islamabad: Pakistan on Friday handed over to India a list of Indian prisoners being held in the country`s jails.
"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs handed over the list of Indian prisoners in Pakistan to an officer of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad at the Foreign Office today," Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said in a statement.
The number of Indian prisoners in Pakistan could not immediately be ascertained and the statement too did not give details.
India and Pakistan are required to exchange lists of prisoners in each other`s custody on January 1 and July 1 every year under the terms of the Agreement on Consular Access signed by the two countries in May 2008.
Pakistan released 100 Indian fishermen last month and proposed the revival of the Judicial Committee on Prisoners to address the problems of prisoners in both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir