Pakistan hands over list of Indian prisoners
Islamabad: Pakistan on Friday handed over to India a list of Indian prisoners being held in the country`s jails.
"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs handed over the list of Indian prisoners in Pakistan to an officer of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad at the Foreign Office today," Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said in a statement.
The number of Indian prisoners in Pakistan could not immediately be ascertained and the statement too did not give details.
India and Pakistan are required to exchange lists of prisoners in each other`s custody on January 1 and July 1 every year under the terms of the Agreement on Consular Access signed by the two countries in May 2008.
Pakistan released 100 Indian fishermen last month and proposed the revival of the Judicial Committee on Prisoners to address the problems of prisoners in both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Bajaj Pulsar cs400 spotted testing again; launching soon
- Mars once hosted habitable environments, reveals study!
- Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq placed under house arrest in Srinagar
- New Victory RR electric superbike aims at Isle of Man TT Zero
- Karnataka 2nd PUC result declared, overall pass percentage 57.20