Pakistan hands over list of Indian prisoners
Islamabad: Pakistan on Friday handed over to India a list of Indian prisoners being held in the country`s jails.
"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs handed over the list of Indian prisoners in Pakistan to an officer of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad at the Foreign Office today," Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said in a statement.
The number of Indian prisoners in Pakistan could not immediately be ascertained and the statement too did not give details.
India and Pakistan are required to exchange lists of prisoners in each other`s custody on January 1 and July 1 every year under the terms of the Agreement on Consular Access signed by the two countries in May 2008.
Pakistan released 100 Indian fishermen last month and proposed the revival of the Judicial Committee on Prisoners to address the problems of prisoners in both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan