Pakistan killed our soldiers, it must answer: Khurshid
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Wednesday accused Pakistan of violating the 2003 ceasefire and blamed it for the gruesome killing of two Indian soldiers along the Line of Control.
Speaking here, the minister said that Pakistan is responsible for the attack and it has to answer on the matter.
“We expect them to respond to our concerns,” Khurshid said. He said that a serious message has been conveyed to Pakistan and will wait for direct response from Pakistani authorities, as per reports.
Earlier too, while addressing the press along with visiting Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Vu Van Ninh, Khurshid said that New Delhi was awaiting a response from Pakistan’s civilian government on the gruesome attack.
He said that the Pakistani envoy was summoned today and spoken to in “very strong terms”.
“We have conveyed the protest,” he added.
While the Pakistani Army has dismissed the allegations, the country’s civilian government has yet to respond to the allegations.
Khurshid said non-violation of ceasefire was an integral part of the conventional confidence building measures (CBMs), and added “such actions would adversely impact whatever we have achieved so far in bilateral ties”.
“The manner in which bodies (of Indian soldiers) were treated is a matter of deep concern... this is completely unacceptable,” the minister said.
While stating that the Indian government was awaiting “an appropriate response” from the Pakistan government, Khurshid said “we must ensure the situation is not allowed to escalate further”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22