Pakistan killed our soldiers, it must answer: Khurshid
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Wednesday accused Pakistan of violating the 2003 ceasefire and blamed it for the gruesome killing of two Indian soldiers along the Line of Control.
Speaking here, the minister said that Pakistan is responsible for the attack and it has to answer on the matter.
“We expect them to respond to our concerns,” Khurshid said. He said that a serious message has been conveyed to Pakistan and will wait for direct response from Pakistani authorities, as per reports.
Earlier too, while addressing the press along with visiting Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Vu Van Ninh, Khurshid said that New Delhi was awaiting a response from Pakistan’s civilian government on the gruesome attack.
He said that the Pakistani envoy was summoned today and spoken to in “very strong terms”.
“We have conveyed the protest,” he added.
While the Pakistani Army has dismissed the allegations, the country’s civilian government has yet to respond to the allegations.
Khurshid said non-violation of ceasefire was an integral part of the conventional confidence building measures (CBMs), and added “such actions would adversely impact whatever we have achieved so far in bilateral ties”.
“The manner in which bodies (of Indian soldiers) were treated is a matter of deep concern... this is completely unacceptable,” the minister said.
While stating that the Indian government was awaiting “an appropriate response” from the Pakistan government, Khurshid said “we must ensure the situation is not allowed to escalate further”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities
- Praveen Rana named as Narsingh Yadav's replacement for Rio Olympics by WFI
- Jallikattu: Customs, traditions have to pass legal and constitutional test as well, says SC
- Milky Way's hot gaseous Halo spins like a disk!