Pakistan leader bats for simpler visa norms
Chandigarh: The Speaker of Provincial Assembly of Pakistan`s Punjab, Rana Iqbal on Friday emphasised on the need for simplifying visa procedures between India and Pakistan.
He demanded that visa facility should be made available at the border to enable the citizens of both countries to visit each other without any hitch.
Besides, steps should be taken by both countries to promote mutual co-operation in trade, education, agriculture and other key spheres, he said.
Khan, who is on a three-day personal visit to India, was speaking after being accorded a welcome by Haryana Vidhan Sabha Speaker Kuldeep Sharma here.
Senior leader of Pakistan Muslim League, the main political party of Pakistan, also has links with Gumthala village near Pehowa in Kurukshetra district.
Increased people-to-people contact will not only help bring the two countries closer but also solve some of the lingering problems, he said.
He also expressed happiness over the resumption of Indo-Pak cricket ties.
Talking about the plight of minorities in the country, the Pakistani politician said during a social gathering that "Hindus living in Pakistan need not to worry as the government has been taking care of every citizen of its country irrespective of his religion."
Hindus are safe in Pakistan and India should not bother about it, he said.
Terming it as a media creation, he said, "this was mere a propaganda, as only one or two incidents of migration should not paint the whole the government negatively."
He said that if somebody wanted to live in India it was his choice it could not be as attributed mass atrocities on the particular community in Pakistan.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Russia says bolstering forces to counter NATO