Pakistan lodges protest with Indian HC for "unprovoked attack"
Islamabad: Pakistan on Monday lodged a protest over what it described as an "unprovoked Indian attack" on one of its military posts along the Line of Control, a claim which the Indian Army has rejected.
Lodging the protest, Pakistan said the Indian government should take steps to prevent the recurrence of such incidents.
Indian Deputy High Commissioner Gopal Bagley was "called to the Foreign Office today and handed over a protest note on the unprovoked Indian attack on a Pakistani post in the Haji Pir sector" yesterday, Foreign Office spokesman Moazzam Khan said.
"The Indian government was strongly urged to take appropriate measures to avoid recurrence of such incidents in future," Khan said.
The incident had resulted in the death of a Pakistani soldier and injuries to another, he said.
The Pakistan Army had claimed yesterday that Indian troops had allegedly crossed the LoC and "raided" a border post.
The incident occurred in Haji Pir or Bagh sector of the LoC, a military spokesman told the media.
Pakistani troops "effectively responded and repulsed the attack successfully".
An exchange of fire continued across the LoC for some time.
However, Indian Army Headquarters in New Delhi have said "no such incident has taken place where our soldiers have attacked any Pakistani post."
Indian army sources said yesterday this allegation by the Pakistani army seems to be an attempt to cover up its firing on Indian posts in the Uri sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org