‘Pakistan major source of fake currency in India’
New Delhi: Maximum consignments of high quality fake Indian currency notes are being supplied in the country from Pakistan, the Parliament was informed on Thursday.
"As per available inputs from central intelligence and investigation agencies, consignments of high quality Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) have been directly or indirectly sourced from Pakistan," Minister of State for Finance Namo Narain Meena said in a written reply to Rajya Sabha.
In response to another question about whether India has sought the help of the United States of America to tackle the menace of fake currency notes, he replied in the affirmative.
"Under the Indo-US Homeland security dialogue, counterfeit currency is one of the aspects for cooperation, covering exchange of knowledge, skill and intelligence," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read