Pakistan non-committal on action on Abu Jundal info
Phnom Penh: Pakistan on Thursday remained non-committal on whether it would act on information shared by India on LeT terrorist Abu Jundal, days after New Delhi pushed it to take swift action against the perpetrators of 2008 Mumbai attacks.
"We have said this repeatedly and I think that it should require no miscommunication or doubts on each other`s intentions because both our countries follow very very similar system which means that we know what is required to try somebody and what is not
"...I have repeatedly maintained that and all Pakistan officials have maintained that we mean what we say," Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar said.
She was replying to a question on whether Pakistan would take action based on information provided by India on Jundal, who handled those involved in the 26/11 carnage in Mumbai, during recent Foreign Secretary-level talks in Delhi.
During their meeting, Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai had shared with his counterpart Jalil Abbas Jilani the information gathered from Jundal who revealed that he, along with LeT founder Hafiz Saeed, was in the control room in Pakistan during the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
Mathai also shared the information on Pakistani passport and Pakistan`s domestic identity cards issued to Jundal in the name of Riyasat Ali, indicating the involvement of Pakistan`s state agencies in the 26/11 attacks.
Khar, who is here to participate in the ASEAN Regional Forum meeting, said: "Today the problems we faced, the menace of terrorism is a common problem and if anybody can convince me that there is any other country in the region which suffers from it more than Pakistan I would be happy to sit down and have a conversation."
Calling for greater cooperation in information sharing, Khar said it was important to share information with each other before sharing it with the media.
"I think it is also important that we are able to share information with each other before we share information with the media because that is also a trust building measure because it shows that we are serious about resolving the issue rather than making an issue out of the issue. I think that`s the message," she said.
"So when we are the first one to suffer from that (terrorism) then it is in our interest or both the countries to look at it as regional players and to be able to deal with this menace at a regional level and bilaterally also. So we are committed to doing whatever we can to assist each other in dealing with the menace. I think that is the approach we need to follow in building of trust," Khar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’