Pakistan Prime Minister condoles Gujral`s death
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Parvez Ashraf on Friday condoled the death of former Indian premier I K Gujral, saying he had played an "admirable role" for bringing the two countries closer.
In a message to his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh, Ashraf said Gujral would be remembered for the "admirable role that he played to bring India and Pakistan closer."
Describing Gujral as a man of extraordinary abilities and a visionary leader, he said the region has lost "a noble and distinguished politician."
"We would like to express our heart-felt condolences to the government and the people of India and members of the grieved family on this sad occasion," said Ashraf.
92-year-old Gujral died in a private hospital in New Delhi at 3.27 PM after a multi-organ failure. He was admitted to the hospital on November 19 with a lung infection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family