Pakistan releases 17 Indian prisoners at Attari border
Attari (Punjab): Pakistan Wednesday released 17 Indian nationals and handed them over to Indian authorities at the Attari-Wagah joint border check-post.
The 17 people included four from Punjab who had strayed into Pakistan along the international border between the countries.
Those released also included residents of Rajasthan and Gujarat.
The prisoners told reporters at the joint check-post that they were happy to be returning to their home country.
They alleged that they were kept in detention and tortured by Pakistani authorities.
They were briefed by security officials here before being allowed to head to their respective home towns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...