Pakistan releases 17 Indian prisoners at Attari border
Attari (Punjab): Pakistan Wednesday released 17 Indian nationals and handed them over to Indian authorities at the Attari-Wagah joint border check-post.
The 17 people included four from Punjab who had strayed into Pakistan along the international border between the countries.
Those released also included residents of Rajasthan and Gujarat.
The prisoners told reporters at the joint check-post that they were happy to be returning to their home country.
They alleged that they were kept in detention and tortured by Pakistani authorities.
They were briefed by security officials here before being allowed to head to their respective home towns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you