Pakistan repatriates 33 Indian prisoners
Amritsar: Thirty-three Indian nationals who
were languishing in Pakistani jails were released by the
government there as a mark of goodwill gesture.
All the Indian nationals were freed last evening from the
old land transit route of Attari-Wagah border, said official
posted at Attari border.
Released Indians crossed over to India on the basis of
`Emergency Travel Certificate` issued by the Indian High
Commission based at Islamabad in Pakistan.
Thirty fishermen were arrested by the Pakistani Coast
Guards around a year back when they slipped into Pakistani
territorial water during fishing in the Arabian sea.
Rest of the three Indians were arrested for allegedly
indulging in spying activity, as they crossed over to Pakistan
inadvertently whereupon Pakistan border guarding forces
arrested them, officials said.
Majority of the Indian prisoners were lodged in the
Kotlakhpatrai jail of Pakistan, facing unhygienic conditions,
alleged released prisoners.
However, Pakistani authorities refused to return boats,
confiscated by Pakistani Coastal Guards, to freed fishermen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview