Pakistan should be paid back in the same coin: Murli Manohar Joshi
Hisar: In the wake of infiltration in Keran sector along the LoC, senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Sunday attacked the Centre for not giving a "befitting" reply to Pakistan for its "repeated acts of aggression and terrorist attacks".
The BJP leader said that Pakistan should be paid back in the same coin.
Joshi also attacked the Congress-led UPA government on the issue of corruption, saying, "India was once famously called as golden sparrow, but now, to many it is known as the land where scams and corruption are rampant."
"Scams and corruption are rampant...The Union government is in deep slumber. With rising prices common man is finding it difficult to make both ends meet while unemployment is on the rise, farmers and other sections of the society are facing hardships," Joshi said.
He was addressing a rally at Adampur, about 40 km from here today, which was jointly organised by Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) and BJP to mark the birth anniversary of former chief minister, late Bhajan Lal.
Later, Joshi also flagged off `Vijay Rath Yatra` of HJC president and Hisar MP Kuldeep Bishnoi.
Bishnoi, whose party is an ally of the BJP, will undertake a nearly two-month long `Yatra` to garner support for his party and the BJP.
Joshi also alleged that in Haryana the "corrupt officers are being shielded and the honest are being punished".
Addressing the rally near the memorial of Bhajan Lal, Bishnoi said, "My aim is to fulfil the dream of my father by delivering justice to the poor and the needy."
"If voted to power, HJC-BJP shall initiate probe against all corrupt Congress and INLD leaders and they will find their place in the jails," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened