Pakistan should focus on combating poverty: BJP president
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party president Nitin Gadkari said that Pakistan should concentrate its energies on combating problems of poverty and infrastructure development, rather that harbouring and fostering terrorists on its soil.
Gadkari was speaking to Mahmud Shaam, the visiting chief group editor of Pakistan`s largest circulated newspaper, Daily Jang, Wednesday evening.
A press release said that Gadkari noted that both South Asian countries were facing acute challenges of poverty and infrastructure development.
But, he added, Pakistan was harbouring terror elements, creating problems for India, as well as for itself.
"It is in the interest of Pakistan to work with India for development and eradication of poverty and spread education instead of providing shelter to terrorist groups," the BJP chief said.
The visiting Pakistani editor said while some extremist groups were fostering terrorism in his country, Pakistanis were also facing trouble due to this.
Shaam said that Pakistan had tried to control extremists in certain areas in Swat. He asserted that the Pakistani people were against terrorists and wanted peace with India, similar to the aspirations of Indian citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!