`Pakistan should take back bodies of 26/11 terrorists`
Mumbai:Maharashtra gvernment has decided to
once again ask Pakistan to take back the bodies of the nine
terrorists killed during the 26/11 attack citing a confession
made by the prime accused Kasab about three weeks ago.
"We are again going to request Pakistan to take back the
bodies of the terrorists," Maharashtra Home Minister Jayant
The confession by Kasab has prompted the Congress-NCP
government in the state to increase efforts for making
Pakistan take responsibility of the bodies.
Patil, who had made the demand earlier this year, said it
is clear that the slain terrorists were from Pakistan and that
country should take back their bodies.
The bodies have been lying in the morgue of the JJ
Hospital in Mumbai for nine months now, the minister said.
Initially, the state government had decided to bury the
bodies but dropped the plan following objections from Muslim
clerics who said they would not allow terrorists` bodies to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam