Pakistan suspends Poonch-Rawalakot bus service
Srinagar: Amid heightening tensions between India and Pakistan on the Line of Control (LoC), the latter has suspended the Poonch-Rawalakot bus service.
No official reason has been given by Pakistan for suspending the bus service but the decision comes in the wake of increasing hostility between the troops of two nations along the Line of Control.
The tensions mainly grew after a raid by Pakistani troops in which they killed and severed the heads of two Indian soldiers. One of the severed heads was not found and Indian Army suspects the Pakistani troops took it away.
Exchange of fire has also increased along the LoC on the Mendhar sector of Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district where the gruesome act took place.
Launched in June 2006, the Poonch-Rawalakot bus service was the second such service between the two countries which was much welcomed by Kashmiris on either side of the LoC.
A bus service connecting Srinagar and Muzaffarabad was launched in 2005.
Bus services had been the most visible achievements of a hesitant peace process between India and Pakistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know