Pakistan to release 55 fishermen: Guj Fishermen Association
Vadodara: Pakistani authorities would be releasing 55 Indian fishermen, most of them from Gujarat, in the next three-four days, as per the information received by Gujarat Fishermen Association on Friday.
Veljibhai Masani, senior vice-president of the Association, said Justice Nasir Aslam Zahid, a former judge of Pakistan Supreme Court and a member of Indo-Pak Judicial Committee on Prisoners, gave him the information.
According to Justice Zahid, the jailed fishermen would cross the Wagah border on August 16.
The neighbouring country had released 315 Indian fishermen, including 14 teenagers, on June 27.
According to Masani, apart from these 55 prisoners, another 82 Indian fishermen are in Pakistani jails while some 120 fishermen from that country are in Indian jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway