Pakistan to release 55 fishermen: Guj Fishermen Association
Vadodara: Pakistani authorities would be releasing 55 Indian fishermen, most of them from Gujarat, in the next three-four days, as per the information received by Gujarat Fishermen Association on Friday.
Veljibhai Masani, senior vice-president of the Association, said Justice Nasir Aslam Zahid, a former judge of Pakistan Supreme Court and a member of Indo-Pak Judicial Committee on Prisoners, gave him the information.
According to Justice Zahid, the jailed fishermen would cross the Wagah border on August 16.
The neighbouring country had released 315 Indian fishermen, including 14 teenagers, on June 27.
According to Masani, apart from these 55 prisoners, another 82 Indian fishermen are in Pakistani jails while some 120 fishermen from that country are in Indian jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere