Pakistan to release 55 fishermen: Guj Fishermen Association
Vadodara: Pakistani authorities would be releasing 55 Indian fishermen, most of them from Gujarat, in the next three-four days, as per the information received by Gujarat Fishermen Association on Friday.
Veljibhai Masani, senior vice-president of the Association, said Justice Nasir Aslam Zahid, a former judge of Pakistan Supreme Court and a member of Indo-Pak Judicial Committee on Prisoners, gave him the information.
According to Justice Zahid, the jailed fishermen would cross the Wagah border on August 16.
The neighbouring country had released 315 Indian fishermen, including 14 teenagers, on June 27.
According to Masani, apart from these 55 prisoners, another 82 Indian fishermen are in Pakistani jails while some 120 fishermen from that country are in Indian jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?