Pakistan to release 55 fishermen: Guj Fishermen Association
Vadodara: Pakistani authorities would be releasing 55 Indian fishermen, most of them from Gujarat, in the next three-four days, as per the information received by Gujarat Fishermen Association on Friday.
Veljibhai Masani, senior vice-president of the Association, said Justice Nasir Aslam Zahid, a former judge of Pakistan Supreme Court and a member of Indo-Pak Judicial Committee on Prisoners, gave him the information.
According to Justice Zahid, the jailed fishermen would cross the Wagah border on August 16.
The neighbouring country had released 315 Indian fishermen, including 14 teenagers, on June 27.
According to Masani, apart from these 55 prisoners, another 82 Indian fishermen are in Pakistani jails while some 120 fishermen from that country are in Indian jails.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani