Pakistan trained 2 terror suspects held in Karnataka: Report
Bangalore: A day after eleven terror suspects were arrested from Karnataka a media report on Friday suggested that two of them were trained in Pakistan.
Reports suggest that some high profile people and some important locations were on the terrorists’ radar and they had even done a recee of those.
The arrested had links with banned outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT), HuJI and were in constant touch with Pakistan’s Inter Services Intelligence (ISI).
The city police yesterday arrested the eleven suspects.
Those arrested were allegedly trying to target important personalities including MPs, MLAs and a renowned columnist in a Kannada daily.
Police sources said the persons arrested in a major operation included a journalist of an English daily, a doctor and a scientist.
A laptop seized from one of the arrested has information about their targets who included a Bajrang Dal functionary, BJP MP from Hubli Prahallad Joshi, a mediahouse owner and two journalists.
The journalists had been targetted for penning articles `glorifying` Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, sources said, adding the photographs of the two interviewing Modi was also found in the laptop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India