Pakistan trained 2 terror suspects held in Karnataka: Report
Bangalore: A day after eleven terror suspects were arrested from Karnataka a media report on Friday suggested that two of them were trained in Pakistan.
Reports suggest that some high profile people and some important locations were on the terrorists’ radar and they had even done a recee of those.
The arrested had links with banned outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT), HuJI and were in constant touch with Pakistan’s Inter Services Intelligence (ISI).
The city police yesterday arrested the eleven suspects.
Those arrested were allegedly trying to target important personalities including MPs, MLAs and a renowned columnist in a Kannada daily.
Police sources said the persons arrested in a major operation included a journalist of an English daily, a doctor and a scientist.
A laptop seized from one of the arrested has information about their targets who included a Bajrang Dal functionary, BJP MP from Hubli Prahallad Joshi, a mediahouse owner and two journalists.
The journalists had been targetted for penning articles `glorifying` Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, sources said, adding the photographs of the two interviewing Modi was also found in the laptop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India