Pakistan trained 2 terror suspects held in Karnataka: Report
Bangalore: A day after eleven terror suspects were arrested from Karnataka a media report on Friday suggested that two of them were trained in Pakistan.
Reports suggest that some high profile people and some important locations were on the terrorists’ radar and they had even done a recee of those.
The arrested had links with banned outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT), HuJI and were in constant touch with Pakistan’s Inter Services Intelligence (ISI).
The city police yesterday arrested the eleven suspects.
Those arrested were allegedly trying to target important personalities including MPs, MLAs and a renowned columnist in a Kannada daily.
Police sources said the persons arrested in a major operation included a journalist of an English daily, a doctor and a scientist.
A laptop seized from one of the arrested has information about their targets who included a Bajrang Dal functionary, BJP MP from Hubli Prahallad Joshi, a mediahouse owner and two journalists.
The journalists had been targetted for penning articles `glorifying` Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, sources said, adding the photographs of the two interviewing Modi was also found in the laptop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'