Pakistan troops fire on Indian posts along Line of Control
Jammu: In yet another incident of ceasefire violation along the LoC, Pakistani troops fired rocket-propelled grenades on Indian posts in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district drawing retaliation from Indian forces.
The incident happened on Thursday night. However, no casualties were reported.
"Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire. They fired RPGs and opened indiscriminate firing on Indian posts in Balnoi forward area in Krishnaghati sector of Poonch district around 1930 hours", a senior Army Officer of 16 Corps said.
The indiscriminate firing continued for five minutes, he said, adding, Indian troops retaliated.
"It later stopped. There was no casualty or injury to anyone in the Pakistani firing and grenade attacks", he said.
Indian Army has registered a strong protest with their Pakistani counterpart over ceasefire violation via hotline, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama