Pakistan troops fire on Indian posts along Line of Control
Jammu: In yet another incident of ceasefire violation along the LoC, Pakistani troops fired rocket-propelled grenades on Indian posts in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district drawing retaliation from Indian forces.
The incident happened on Thursday night. However, no casualties were reported.
"Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire. They fired RPGs and opened indiscriminate firing on Indian posts in Balnoi forward area in Krishnaghati sector of Poonch district around 1930 hours", a senior Army Officer of 16 Corps said.
The indiscriminate firing continued for five minutes, he said, adding, Indian troops retaliated.
"It later stopped. There was no casualty or injury to anyone in the Pakistani firing and grenade attacks", he said.
Indian Army has registered a strong protest with their Pakistani counterpart over ceasefire violation via hotline, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath