Pakistan troops fire on Indian posts along Line of Control
Jammu: In yet another incident of ceasefire violation along the LoC, Pakistani troops fired rocket-propelled grenades on Indian posts in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district drawing retaliation from Indian forces.
The incident happened on Thursday night. However, no casualties were reported.
"Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire. They fired RPGs and opened indiscriminate firing on Indian posts in Balnoi forward area in Krishnaghati sector of Poonch district around 1930 hours", a senior Army Officer of 16 Corps said.
The indiscriminate firing continued for five minutes, he said, adding, Indian troops retaliated.
"It later stopped. There was no casualty or injury to anyone in the Pakistani firing and grenade attacks", he said.
Indian Army has registered a strong protest with their Pakistani counterpart over ceasefire violation via hotline, the officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed