Pakistan troops fire on Indian posts along Line of Control
Jammu: In yet another incident of ceasefire violation along the LoC, Pakistani troops fired rocket-propelled grenades on Indian posts in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district drawing retaliation from Indian forces.
The incident happened on Thursday night. However, no casualties were reported.
"Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire. They fired RPGs and opened indiscriminate firing on Indian posts in Balnoi forward area in Krishnaghati sector of Poonch district around 1930 hours", a senior Army Officer of 16 Corps said.
The indiscriminate firing continued for five minutes, he said, adding, Indian troops retaliated.
"It later stopped. There was no casualty or injury to anyone in the Pakistani firing and grenade attacks", he said.
Indian Army has registered a strong protest with their Pakistani counterpart over ceasefire violation via hotline, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader
- Trump economics would 'bankrupt America', says Clinton
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today