Pakistan violates ceasefire again; targets Indian posts in Mendhar, Hamirpur
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: Few hours after the ceasefire violation in Kargil sector for the first time in 14 years, there were reports of fresh firing by Pakistani troops again on the forward Indian posts along the Line of Control in Mendhar and Hamirpur areas of Poonch district.
According to reports, India retaliated in reply to the fresh instance of ceasefire violation from Pakistan.
However, there was no immediate report of casualties on the Indian side.
Defence spokesman SN Acharya said the Pakistani troops targeted the Indian forward areas with small arms fire at around 9.45 pm and Indian troops responded to it.
Pakistani troops on Friday also fired at Indian positions in Drass and Kaksar areas of Kargil district in Ladakh region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming