Pakistan violates ceasefire again; targets Indian posts in Mendhar, Hamirpur
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: Few hours after the ceasefire violation in Kargil sector for the first time in 14 years, there were reports of fresh firing by Pakistani troops again on the forward Indian posts along the Line of Control in Mendhar and Hamirpur areas of Poonch district.
According to reports, India retaliated in reply to the fresh instance of ceasefire violation from Pakistan.
However, there was no immediate report of casualties on the Indian side.
Defence spokesman SN Acharya said the Pakistani troops targeted the Indian forward areas with small arms fire at around 9.45 pm and Indian troops responded to it.
Pakistani troops on Friday also fired at Indian positions in Drass and Kaksar areas of Kargil district in Ladakh region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS