Pakistan violates ceasefire again; targets Indian posts in Mendhar, Hamirpur
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: Few hours after the ceasefire violation in Kargil sector for the first time in 14 years, there were reports of fresh firing by Pakistani troops again on the forward Indian posts along the Line of Control in Mendhar and Hamirpur areas of Poonch district.
According to reports, India retaliated in reply to the fresh instance of ceasefire violation from Pakistan.
However, there was no immediate report of casualties on the Indian side.
Defence spokesman SN Acharya said the Pakistani troops targeted the Indian forward areas with small arms fire at around 9.45 pm and Indian troops responded to it.
Pakistani troops on Friday also fired at Indian positions in Drass and Kaksar areas of Kargil district in Ladakh region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore