Pakistan violates ceasefire again; targets Indian posts in Mendhar, Hamirpur
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: Few hours after the ceasefire violation in Kargil sector for the first time in 14 years, there were reports of fresh firing by Pakistani troops again on the forward Indian posts along the Line of Control in Mendhar and Hamirpur areas of Poonch district.
According to reports, India retaliated in reply to the fresh instance of ceasefire violation from Pakistan.
However, there was no immediate report of casualties on the Indian side.
Defence spokesman SN Acharya said the Pakistani troops targeted the Indian forward areas with small arms fire at around 9.45 pm and Indian troops responded to it.
Pakistani troops on Friday also fired at Indian positions in Drass and Kaksar areas of Kargil district in Ladakh region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16