Pakistan violates ceasefire again; targets Indian posts in Mendhar, Hamirpur
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: Few hours after the ceasefire violation in Kargil sector for the first time in 14 years, there were reports of fresh firing by Pakistani troops again on the forward Indian posts along the Line of Control in Mendhar and Hamirpur areas of Poonch district.
According to reports, India retaliated in reply to the fresh instance of ceasefire violation from Pakistan.
However, there was no immediate report of casualties on the Indian side.
Defence spokesman SN Acharya said the Pakistani troops targeted the Indian forward areas with small arms fire at around 9.45 pm and Indian troops responded to it.
Pakistani troops on Friday also fired at Indian positions in Drass and Kaksar areas of Kargil district in Ladakh region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days