Pakistan violates ceasefire along IB in Jammu’s RS Pura belt
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Friday fired on Indian forward posts along the International Border in this district of Jammu and Kashmir, a BSF officer said.
Pak Rangers fired on Border Out Posts along IB in Pindi forward area along IB of R S Pura belt of Jammu district around 0935 hours, the officer said.
The small arms firing went on for a brief period, he said, adding that Border Security Force (BSF) troops guarding the border fired back, resulting in exchanges.
However, there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing, he said.
Pakistani troops had violated ceasefire along the Line of Control on June 26 by resorting to unprovoked firing for nearly 30 minutes in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
There were five ceasefire violations by Pakistan in the last month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader