Pakistan violates ceasefire along IB in Jammu’s RS Pura belt
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Friday fired on Indian forward posts along the International Border in this district of Jammu and Kashmir, a BSF officer said.
Pak Rangers fired on Border Out Posts along IB in Pindi forward area along IB of R S Pura belt of Jammu district around 0935 hours, the officer said.
The small arms firing went on for a brief period, he said, adding that Border Security Force (BSF) troops guarding the border fired back, resulting in exchanges.
However, there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing, he said.
Pakistani troops had violated ceasefire along the Line of Control on June 26 by resorting to unprovoked firing for nearly 30 minutes in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
There were five ceasefire violations by Pakistan in the last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok