Pakistan violates ceasefire along IB in Jammu’s RS Pura belt
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Friday fired on Indian forward posts along the International Border in this district of Jammu and Kashmir, a BSF officer said.
Pak Rangers fired on Border Out Posts along IB in Pindi forward area along IB of R S Pura belt of Jammu district around 0935 hours, the officer said.
The small arms firing went on for a brief period, he said, adding that Border Security Force (BSF) troops guarding the border fired back, resulting in exchanges.
However, there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing, he said.
Pakistani troops had violated ceasefire along the Line of Control on June 26 by resorting to unprovoked firing for nearly 30 minutes in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
There were five ceasefire violations by Pakistan in the last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Lucky escape for Goa mayor, six others as boat capsizes
- Land grab accused Asha Kumari appointed AICC in-charge of Punjab, triggers row
- 'Bank mergers likely to happen after SBI consolidation'
- After Dutee Chand, sprinter Srabani Nanda qualifies for Rio Olympics
- FSSAI frames safety standards for alcoholic drinks