Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K’s Poonch, Samba
Jammu: In the third breach of ceasefire this month along the border, Pakistan troops targeted forward Indian posts along Line of Control and International Border in Poonch and Samba districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Pakistan Rangers fired at Pansar forward border out post (BoP) along International Border (IB) in Samba sector around 1500 hours today," a senior BSF officer said.
Pakistan Rangers resorted to small arms firing and BSF troops fired back effectively, he said.
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone, he said.
Pakistan Rangers also violated the ceasefire along the International Border in Arnia sector of the state yesterday.
However, BSF troops did not retaliate.
In Poonch sector of the state, Pakistan troops opened fire on Indian posts in Krishnagati sector of the district last evening, Army said.
"They had fired 22 rounds and Indian troops replied back," he said.
This is the third ceasefire violation in December this year.
A couple were injured on October 1 when the Pakistani troops fired at Indian posts and Chachwal forward village along International Border in Samba sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged