Pakistan violates ceasefire; one BSF jawan killed, 3 injured
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: In a major ceasefire violation, Pakistani Rangers Wednesday opened heavy fire at Indian border outposts along the International Border in Jammu district, killing one jawan and leaving three other BSF personnel injured.
Pakistani Rangers resorted to unprovoked firing on forward Pittal border outpost along IB in Arnia forward area of RS Pura in Jammu district around 11:15 hours, a BSF officer said.
In the heavy firing till 11:30 hours, four BSF men were injured one of whom later succumbed to his injuries in a hospital, he said.
The BSF officer added that BSF troops, guarding the borderline, took positions and effectively retaliated resulting in exchanges which are still going on in the area.
Three injured BSF soldiers were admitted to Government Medical College (GMC) Hospital here.
"Pak Rangers not only violated ceasefire but also resorted to unprovoked firing," he said.
(With PTI inputs)
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court
- EPL: Anthony Martial strikes as Manchester United make Leicester City wait for title
- PM Modi visits Varanasi, launches 'e-boats' at Assi Ghat: In Pics
- Minor who shot himself while taking 'selfie' dies