Pakistan violates ceasefire; one BSF jawan killed, 3 injured
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: In a major ceasefire violation, Pakistani Rangers Wednesday opened heavy fire at Indian border outposts along the International Border in Jammu district, killing one jawan and leaving three other BSF personnel injured.
Pakistani Rangers resorted to unprovoked firing on forward Pittal border outpost along IB in Arnia forward area of RS Pura in Jammu district around 11:15 hours, a BSF officer said.
In the heavy firing till 11:30 hours, four BSF men were injured one of whom later succumbed to his injuries in a hospital, he said.
The BSF officer added that BSF troops, guarding the borderline, took positions and effectively retaliated resulting in exchanges which are still going on in the area.
Three injured BSF soldiers were admitted to Government Medical College (GMC) Hospital here.
"Pak Rangers not only violated ceasefire but also resorted to unprovoked firing," he said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested