Pakistan violates ceasefire; one BSF jawan killed, 3 injured
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: In a major ceasefire violation, Pakistani Rangers Wednesday opened heavy fire at Indian border outposts along the International Border in Jammu district, killing one jawan and leaving three other BSF personnel injured.
Pakistani Rangers resorted to unprovoked firing on forward Pittal border outpost along IB in Arnia forward area of RS Pura in Jammu district around 11:15 hours, a BSF officer said.
In the heavy firing till 11:30 hours, four BSF men were injured one of whom later succumbed to his injuries in a hospital, he said.
The BSF officer added that BSF troops, guarding the borderline, took positions and effectively retaliated resulting in exchanges which are still going on in the area.
Three injured BSF soldiers were admitted to Government Medical College (GMC) Hospital here.
"Pak Rangers not only violated ceasefire but also resorted to unprovoked firing," he said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'